MOONDRAGON'S CULTURAL DIVERSITY INFORMATION
This web page is dedicated to the creative, open-minded, resourceful and humanitarian individuals and groups that encourage world peace, international diversity in all of its wonderful colors, religions, cultural societies, and lifestyles, past, present, and future. Hate, bigotry, prejudice, and all the "-isms" (such as racism, genderism, and sexism) are learned social problems, not genetic ones. They can be treated and prevented by eliminating the fears that fuel them through education and social interactions. Support racial, sexual and religious tolerance and cultural diversity. Life is not just vanilla or chocolate. Sometimes we all like diversity in our lives such as strawberry swirl, banana split, pistachio, and coconut tutti frutti as a choice.
KidsHealth.org: Teaching Your Child Tolerance
Tolerance.org: Teaching Tolerance
Teach About Peace & Tolerance for Cultural Diversity
Imagine World Peace: Tolerance
United Nations: The Challenge of Human Rights & Cultural Diversity
The Religious Movements Page: Alphabetic Listing of Religious Group Profiles
The Constitution of the United States - Religious Freedoms Page
ReligiousTolerance.org: Wicca - A NeoPagan, Earth-Centered Religion
ReligiousTolerance.org: The First "Burning Times Award": Governor Mike Johnson of Nebraska
ReligiousTolerance.org: The Second "Burning Times Award": Representative Bob Barr of Georgia
ReligiousTolerance.org: The Third "Burning Times Award": Senator Albert Robinson, Kentucky Senate
Normally given to Politicians
Who violate the 1st Amendment
ReligiousTolerance.org: US Army Chaplain's Handbook: Excerpt on Wicca
ReligiousTolerance.org: Religious Clothing & Jewelry in U.S. Public Schools
ReligiousTolerance.org: U.S. Court Decision Recognizing Wicca As A Religion
Religious Movements: World Religions & Spirituality: Wicca
The Witches Voice
WitchVox: 'Symbol' The Veteran Pentacle Quest Has Been Graced with An Anthem
- Story and update on the quest of Sgt. Patrick Stewart's family to have a pentacle placed upon his headstone as a symbol of his Wiccan religious affiliation.
On September 25, 2005, Sgt. Patrick Stewart was Killed in Action fighting in Afghanistan during the United States war on terrorism. Sgt. Stewart was the recipient of a Purple Heart and Bronze Star. It has long been a practice in this country for the Veteranís Administration to say "Thank you for your service to our country" by providing a headstone or marker to fallen veterans who served in the armed forces. Upon the marker or headstone, could be placed a "Symbol" representing the religious affiliation of the fallen soldier, a representation, if you will, depicting not how the soldier died, but how he or she lived.
In support of Sgt. Stewart and his family and other Wiccan Veterans, MoonDragon offers support by providing links to this effort so that they can continue to work towards having the Veteran's Administration approve the Pentacle Symbol for all Wiccans and other Pagans serving this country in the U.S. Military. Please visit these links and offer your support!
Lady Liberty League: Veteran Pentacle
Other petitioners and their families requesting the Pentacle Symbol to be put on their beloved veteran family members:
- Kathleen Egbert of Laurel, MD, daughter of World War II veteran Abraham Kooiman, a Wiccan who was buried in Arlington National Memorial Cemetery in 2003
- Patricia Darlene Howell Corneilson of Kentucky, mother of James Price, a Wiccan who was killed in action while serving in the Army in Iraq in 2004
- Scott Stearns of Kent, WA, a retired disabled U.S. Navy veteran discharged in 1997 and a member of the Aquarian Tabernacle Church
MoonDragon supports all of our military veterans serving our country, Wiccan-Pagan and all other spiritual pathways, in time of peace and time of war, giving their lives that we may continue to have and enjoy our freedoms and way of life in this country.
News Update: Wiccans Settle Military Grave Lawsuit
By SCOTT BAUER (AP)
MADISON, Wis. (April 24, 2007) - The Wiccan pentacle has been added to the list of emblems allowed in national cemeteries and on goverment-issued headstones of fallen soldiers, according to a settlement announced Monday. A settlement between the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and Wiccans adds the five-pointed star to the list of "emblems of belief" allowed on VA grave markers. Eleven families nationwide are waiting for grave markers with the pentacle, said Selena Fox, a Wiccan high priestess with Circle Sanctuary in Barneveld, Wisconsin, a plaintiff in the lawsuit. The settlement calls for the pentacle, whose five points represent earth, air, fire, water and spirit, to be placed on grave markers within 14 days for those who have pending requests with the VA. I am glad this has ended in success in time to get markers for Memorial Day, Fox said. The VA sought the settlement in the interest of the families involved and to save taxpayers the expense of further litigation, VA spokesman Matt Burns said. The agency also agreed to pay $225,000 in attorneys' fees and costs. The pentacle has been added to 38 symbols the VA already permits on gravestones. They include commonly recognized symbols for Christianity, Buddhism, Islam and Judaism, as well as those for smaller religions such as Sufism Reoriented, Eckiankar and the Japanese faith Seicho-No-Ie. "This settlement has forced the Bush Administration into acknowledging that there are no second class religions in America, including among our nation's veterans," said the Rev. Barry W. Lynn, director of Americans United for Separation of Church and State, which represented the Wiccans in the lawsuit. The American Civil Liberties Union said the agreement also settles a similar lawsuit it filed last year against the VA. In that case, the ACLU represented two other Wiccan churches and three individuals. VA-issued headstones, markers and plaques can be used in any cemetery, whether it is a national one such as Arlington or a private burial ground like that on Circle Sanctuary's property. Wicca is a nature-based religion based on respect for the earth, nature and the cycle of the seasons.
Center For Economic & Social Rights: Women's Economic Equality Project
HISTORICAL GROUPS OF INTERESTING PEOPLE
Pirates of the Caribbean, In Fact and Fiction
If you have a Website (domestic or international) that you would like to have included on this page, please email me with the information. We invite links to websites that promote world peace, tolerance, healing, protection, respect and promote positive empowerment for women, families, and children.
Why I Love Her, Narrated by John Wayne
A beautiful tribute to America with wonderful graphics. This may take a few minutes to load, but it is worth it.
VETERAN ORGANIZATIONS - WEBPAGES HOSTED BY MOONDRAGON.ORG
2006 All American Witch City Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Post #1524, Salem MA
Stefan Starzinski Polish Legion of American Veterans, USA (PLAV) Post#55, Salem, MA
C.W. Davis Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Post #2359, Danvers, MA
Official Site of Cherokee Indian Nation - Tahlequah, OK
Official Site of the United Keetoowah Band of Cherokee Indians - Tahlequah, OK
Navaho Nation Office - Washington D.C.
National Congress of Amercian Indians (NCAI)
National Indian Education Association
National American Indian Housing Council
Native American Rights Fund
Native American Bar Association
National Council or Urban Indian Health
National Indian Gaming Association
National Indian Health Board
Indian Law Resource Center
National Association of Federally Impacted Schools
National Association of Tribal Historic Preservation Officers
National Museum of the American Indian
Native American Library Association & Native American Sites
Native American Culture
RECORD LABELS, DISTRIBUTORS, SOURCES FOR NATIVE AMERICAN MUSIC, ARTS, ORGANIZATIONS, AND REVIEWS
- Native American Flute Songs on the Web
- ArtNatAm - Native American Artists
- Canyon Records - The granddaddy of native music!
- Center Records
- First Americans in the Arts
- Four Winds Trading Company - Specializing in Native American books and music.
- Full Circle Videos - Native American Art, Culture, and Music
- Guthrie Indian Art Studios - From John Guthrie, Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma
- Indian House Records - One of the oldest Indian music recording houses.
- Iroquois Social Dances and Songs - From Ohwejagehka: Hadegaenage
- Makoche Records
- Native American Art Studies Association
- Native American Music Awards - The Nammys! - The Indian version of the Grammys!
- Native Voices Booking & Management - Agents for world class Native talent.
- Naturally Native - The first film about Native American women written, directed, produced and starring Native American women. A full-length feature film written, produced, co-directed, and starring Valerie Red-Horse; also featuring Irene Bedard and Kimberly Norris.
- Omaha Indian Music - This treasure trove of Omaha traditional music includes RealAudio versions of the wax cylinder recordings made by Smithsonian anthropologists at the turn of the twentieth century, as well as hundreds of songs and speeches from the 1983 Omaha harvest celebration powwow and 25 songs and speeches from the 1985 Hethu'shka Society concert at the Library of Congress.
- Oyate Music Group Recordings - An independent, Native-owned music label.
- Oyate Ta Olowan - Songs of the People - An Indian-owned source for traditional native music.
- Rainbow Walker Music - A Native-run source for REAL Indian music - no New Age!
- Red Nation Celebration Institute
- Red Vinyl Records - Home of Cherokee rapper and actor Litefoot.
- RootsWorld - Reviews of Indian music recordings.
- Silver Wave Records
- A Time of Visions - Interviews with Native artists.
- Turtle Island Music - Powwow music!
SINGERS, DRUMS, ARTISTS, PERFORMERS, CELEBRITIES, ACTORS, ACTRESSES, STORYTELLERS, AUTHORS, ACTIVISTS
- Donald Ahdunko - Traditional Delaware and Caddo songs from Oklahoma.
- Sherman Alexie - Spokane author, and now, filmmaker!
- Jim Boyd and Thunderwolf Records
- Eastern Bull Drum
- MaLakota - David Little Elk - Lakota musician and linguist.
- Jack Gladstone - Blackfeet singer and songwriter.
- Dennis Yerry, Musician & Composer
- Pato Hoffmann - Quechua/Aymara actor.
- Honyouti Family - Hopi Katsina Doll Carvers
- Indigenous - The Nakota blues band sensation!
- Knifewing - 1995 Native American Male Vocalist of the Year.
- Charles Littleleaf - Warm Springs flute player.
- Kevin Locke - Lakota flute player and hoop dancer.
- The Mankillers - An all-women Northern style drum.
- The Russell Means Home Page
- Medicine Dream - Intertribal contemporary music from Anchorage.
- Ronald Roybal's Homepage - Tewa flute player.
- Joanne Shenandoah - The well known Oneida singer/songwriter.
- Arigon Starr - Kickapoo singer and self-proclaimed diva!
- John Trudell - Santee Sioux activist/poet/actor.
- Ulali - The official web page for the female trio
Join the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!
AROMATHERAPY: ESSENTIAL OILS DESCRIPTIONS & USES
Allspice Leaf Oil Angelica Oil Anise Oil Baobab Oil Basil Oil Bay Laurel Oil Bay Oil Benzoin Oil Bergamot Oil Black Pepper Oil Chamomile (German) Oil Cajuput Oil Calamus Oil Camphor (White) Oil Caraway Oil Cardamom Oil Carrot Seed Oil Catnip Oil Cedarwood Oil Chamomile Oil Cinnamon Oil Citronella Oil Clary-Sage Oil Clove Oil Coriander Oil Cypress Oil Dill Oil Eucalyptus Oil Fennel Oil Fir Needle Oil Frankincense Oil Geranium Oil German Chamomile Oil Ginger Oil Grapefruit Oil Helichrysum Oil Hyssop Oil Iris-Root Oil Jasmine Oil Juniper Oil Labdanum Oil Lavender Oil Lemon-Balm Oil Lemongrass Oil Lemon Oil Lime Oil Longleaf-Pine Oil Mandarin Oil Marjoram Oil Mimosa Oil Myrrh Oil Myrtle Oil Neroli Oil Niaouli Oil Nutmeg Oil Orange Oil Oregano Oil Palmarosa Oil Patchouli Oil Peppermint Oil Peru-Balsam Oil Petitgrain Oil Pine-Long LeafOil Pine-Needle Oil Pine-Swiss Oil Rosemary Oil Rose Oil Rosewood Oil Sage Oil Sandalwood Oil Savory Oil Spearmint Oil Spikenard Oil Swiss-Pine Oil Tangerine Oil Tea-Tree Oil Thyme Oil Vanilla Oil Verbena Oil Vetiver Oil Violet Oil White-Camphor Oil Yarrow Oil Ylang-Ylang Oil Aromatherapy
Healing Baths For Colds
Using Essential Oils
AROMATHERAPY: HERBAL & CARRIER OILS DESCRIPTIONS & USES
Almond, Sweet Oil Apricot Kernel Oil Argan Oil Arnica Oil Avocado Oil Baobab Oil Black Cumin Oil Black Currant Oil Black Seed Oil Borage Seed Oil Calendula Oil Camelina Oil Castor Oil Coconut Oil Comfrey Oil Evening Primrose Oil Flaxseed Oil Grapeseed Oil Hazelnut Oil Hemp Seed Oil Jojoba Oil Kukui Nut Oil Macadamia Nut Oil Meadowfoam Seed Oil Mullein Oil Neem Oil Olive Oil Palm Oil Plantain Oil Plum Kernel Oil Poke Root Oil Pomegranate Seed Oil Pumpkin Seed Oil Rosehip Seed Oil Safflower Oil Sea Buckthorn Oil Sesame Seed Oil Shea Nut Oil Soybean Oil St. Johns Wort Oil Sunflower Oil Tamanu Oil Vitamin E Oil Wheat Germ Oil
HELPFUL RELATED MOONDRAGON NUTRITION BASICS LINKS
MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics Index MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Amino Acids Index MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Antioxidants Index MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Enzymes Information MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Herbs Index MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Homeopathics Index MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Hydrosols Index MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Minerals Index MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Mineral Introduction MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Dietary & Cosmetic Supplements Index MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Dietary Supplements Introduction MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Specialty Supplements MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Vitamins Index MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Vitamins Introduction
NUTRITION BASICS ARTICLES
MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: 4 Basic Nutrients MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Avoid Foods That Contain Additives & Artificial Ingredients MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Is Aspartame A Safe Sugar Substitute? MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Guidelines For Selecting & Preparing Foods MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Foods That Destroy MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Foods That Heal MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: The Micronutrients: Vitamins & Minerals MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Avoid Overcooking Your Foods MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Phytochemicals MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Increase Your Consumption of Raw Produce MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Limit Your Use of Salt MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Use Proper Cooking Utensils MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Choosing The Best Water & Types of Water
RELATED MOONDRAGON HEALTH LINKS & INFORMATION
MoonDragon's Nutrition Information Index MoonDragon's Nutritional Therapy Index MoonDragon's Nutritional Analysis Index MoonDragon's Nutritional Diet Index MoonDragon's Nutritional Recipe Index MoonDragon's Nutrition Therapy: Preparing Produce for Juicing MoonDragon's Nutrition Information: Food Additives Index MoonDragon's Nutrition Information: Food Safety Links MoonDragon's Aromatherapy Index MoonDragon's Aromatherapy Articles MoonDragon's Aromatherapy For Back Pain MoonDragon's Aromatherapy For Labor & Birth MoonDragon's Aromatherapy Blending Chart MoonDragon's Aromatherapy Essential Oil Details MoonDragon's Aromatherapy Links MoonDragon's Aromatherapy For Miscarriage MoonDragon's Aromatherapy For Post Partum MoonDragon's Aromatherapy For Childbearing MoonDragon's Aromatherapy For Problems in Pregnancy & Birthing MoonDragon's Aromatherapy Chart of Essential Oils #1 MoonDragon's Aromatherapy Chart of Essential Oils #2 MoonDragon's Aromatherapy Tips MoonDragon's Aromatherapy Uses MoonDragon's Alternative Health Index MoonDragon's Alternative Health Information Overview MoonDragon's Alternative Health Therapy Index MoonDragon's Alternative Health: Touch & Movement Therapies Index MoonDragon's Alternative Health Therapy: Touch & Movement: Aromatherapy MoonDragon's Alternative Therapy: Touch & Movement - Massage Therapy MoonDragon's Alternative Health: Therapeutic Massage MoonDragon's Holistic Health Links Page 1 MoonDragon's Holistic Health Links Page 2 MoonDragon's Health & Wellness: Nutrition Basics Index MoonDragon's Health & Wellness: Therapy Index MoonDragon's Health & Wellness: Massage Therapy MoonDragon's Health & Wellness: Hydrotherapy MoonDragon's Health & Wellness: Pain Control Therapy MoonDragon's Health & Wellness: Relaxation Therapy MoonDragon's Health & Wellness: Steam Inhalation Therapy MoonDragon's Health & Wellness: Therapy - Herbal Oils Index
To The Top
RECOMMENDED MERCHANTS, EDUCATION & PRODUCTS
Educational materials and health products are available through Amazon.com. Use the search box provided below to search for a particular item.
Mountain Rose Herbs, Bulk Herbs A
Mountain Rose Herbs, Bulk Herbs M
Mountain Rose Herbs, Aromatherapy Essential Oils
Aroma Oil Blends & Resins
Herbal Extracts & Tinctures