MoonDragon's Alternative Health Information
"For Informational Use Only"
For more detailed information contact your health care provider
about options that may be available for your specific situation.
A = No
B = Sometimes
C = Frequently
In the last year has your life been affected by:
1. The death of an important friend or relative? A B C 2. Changes in close relationships (including marriage and the birth of a baby)? A B C 3. Moving to a new home? A B C 4. A change of job? A B C 5. A lay-off or retirement? A B C 6. Major financial changes? A B C 7. Legal problems? A B C 8. Serious health problems (yours or those of someone close)? A B C 9. Marital or family problems? A B C 10. Problems with friends or neighbors? A B C 11. Ongoing daily hassles that wear you out? A B C 12. Do you think these events have affected you? A B C TOTAL A_______ B_______ C_______
Remember that the degree to which pressure affects you depends on how you perceive stress, how much you feel in control, and how effective your coping strategies are - whether you exercise, follow a healthy diet, and allow time for relaxation.
- A - A high A score indicates that you are fortunate to be free of major life stressors. You might consider whether your present strategies for dealing with stress could sustain you through unexpected challenges.
- B - If you have a majority of B's, you may be more affected by life than you realized and should be alert to any possible symptoms of stress.
- C - A high C score shows you need to use stress management techniques and pay attention to other aspects of well-being, such as nutrition, fitness, and emotional support. The following therapies may be helpful for stress: Relaxation & Breathing, Psychotherapy & Counseling, Autogenic Training, Visualization.
VALUES & CREATIVITY
A = Yes
B = Sometimes
C = Never
1. Do you stay aware of political and social issues? A B C 2. Is your work consistent with your values? A B C 3. Are your leisure activities consistent with your values? A B C 4. Are you able to accept people with different values and lifestyles? A B C 5. Does your spiritual life sustain you? A B C 6. Do you feel your life has a sense of purpose? A B C 7. Do you feel you have a place in the scheme of things? A B C 8. Do you feel there is enough creativity and stimulation in your life? A B C 9. Do you welcome new possibilities? A B C 10. Do you feel you can handle uncertainties? A B C 11. Do you feel you can handle boredom or lack of stimulation? A B C TOTAL A_______ B_______ C_______
A contradiction between our beliefs and our way of life creates uneasiness and dissatisfaction that can affect our emotional and ultimately physical well-being. Similarly, everyone has the capacity to be creative, whether growing flowers, cooking supper, or writing music, and the inability to fulfill our creative urges causes frustration and low self-esteem. If you feel comfortable with yourself and where you are going in life, you are less likely to be threatened by unexpected challenges and will have a flexible attitude that enables you to adapt to circumstances.
- A - If you scored high in A's, you should feel a sense of commitment, coherence, and control that will enhance your ability to cope with stress.
- B - See C.
- C - High B and C scores may indicate a sense of self-doubt and unhappiness and a low resistance to stress and even infection. Make a list of the things you value and enjoy and examine how they fit in with the way you are living. Also look at areas of conflict, and what changes you could make.
COPING WITH STRESS
A = Never
B = Sometimes
C = Usually
1. Do you compulsively work, eat, smoke or drink? A B C 2. Do you feel that your life is really out of control? A B C 3. Do you experience physical symptoms when stressed
(for example, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, pain, palpitations, exhaustion,
A B C 4. When you are under pressure, is your mental or emotional life affected,
for example, by lost interest in life, fear of disease, sleep disturbance,
poor concentration, indecisiveness?
A B C 5. Do people who know you think of you as being "stressed"? A B C 6. Do you find it difficult to relax and enjoy moments of pleasure? A B C 7. Is it hard to maintain good relationships with others,
even (or especially) those closest to you?
A B C WHEN YOU ARE UNDER PRESSURE, DO YOU BEHAVE IN A "HOT" WAY... 8. Do you blame other people or feel angry? A B C 9. Do you become aggressive? A B C 10. Do you fume inwardly? A B C OR IN A "COLD" WAY... 11. Do you become withdrawn or deny that there is a problem? A B C 12. Do you become panicky? A B C 13. Do you blame yourself or feel guilty? A B C TOTAL A_______ B_______ C_______
How you react to pressure may be influenced by your personality. Some people behave in a "hot" or hostile way, fuming and blaming others, making themselves prone to coronary heart disease. "Cold" reactors may use up energy in trying to ignore the problems or in blaming themselves, and thus deplete their immune system and become vulnerable to infection. Other indications that you are not coping include compulsive or obsessive behavior, emotional problems such as insomnia, or physical conditions such as indigestion.
- A - If you scored a majority of A's, you are one of those hardy characters who respond well to challenge.
- B - If you scored a majority of B's, this indicates that you may deal well in some situations but not others, and would be well advised to learn some coping strategies.
- C - If you scored high in C's, you have a coping style that is particularly vulnerable to stress. The good news is that you can learn to cope but you need to monitor yourself and make a real effort to practice stress management techniques.
WELL-BEING QUESTIONNAIRE LINKS
Well-Being Questionnaire... Page 1
Well-Being Questionnaire... Page 2
Well-Being Questionnaire... Page 3
AROMATHERAPY: ESSENTIAL OILS DESCRIPTIONS & USES
Allspice Leaf Oil Angelica Oil Anise Oil Baobab Oil Basil Oil Bay Laurel Oil Bay Oil Benzoin Oil Bergamot Oil Black Pepper Oil Chamomile (German) Oil Cajuput Oil Calamus Oil Camphor (White) Oil Caraway Oil Cardamom Oil Carrot Seed Oil Catnip Oil Cedarwood Oil Chamomile Oil Cinnamon Oil Citronella Oil Clary-Sage Oil Clove Oil Coriander Oil Cypress Oil Dill Oil Eucalyptus Oil Fennel Oil Fir Needle Oil Frankincense Oil Geranium Oil German Chamomile Oil Ginger Oil Grapefruit Oil Helichrysum Oil Hyssop Oil Iris-Root Oil Jasmine Oil Juniper Oil Labdanum Oil Lavender Oil Lemon-Balm Oil Lemongrass Oil Lemon Oil Lime Oil Longleaf-Pine Oil Mandarin Oil Marjoram Oil Mimosa Oil Myrrh Oil Myrtle Oil Neroli Oil Niaouli Oil Nutmeg Oil Orange Oil Oregano Oil Palmarosa Oil Patchouli Oil Peppermint Oil Peru-Balsam Oil Petitgrain Oil Pine-Long Leaf Oil Pine-Needle Oil Pine-Swiss Oil Rosemary Oil Rose Oil Rosewood Oil Sage Oil Sandalwood Oil Savory Oil Spearmint Oil Spikenard Oil Swiss-Pine Oil Tangerine Oil Tea-Tree Oil Thyme Oil Vanilla Oil Verbena Oil Vetiver Oil Violet Oil White-Camphor Oil Yarrow Oil Ylang-Ylang Oil Aromatherapy
Healing Baths For Colds
Using Essential Oils
AROMATHERAPY: HERBAL & CARRIER OILS DESCRIPTIONS & USES
Almond, Sweet Oil Apricot Kernel Oil Argan Oil Arnica Oil Avocado Oil Baobab Oil Black Cumin Oil Black Currant Oil Black Seed Oil Borage Seed Oil Calendula Oil Camelina Oil Castor Oil Coconut Oil Comfrey Oil Evening Primrose Oil Flaxseed Oil Grapeseed Oil Hazelnut Oil Hemp Seed Oil Jojoba Oil Kukui Nut Oil Macadamia Nut Oil Meadowfoam Seed Oil Mullein Oil Neem Oil Olive Oil Palm Oil Plantain Oil Plum Kernel Oil Poke Root Oil Pomegranate Seed Oil Pumpkin Seed Oil Rosehip Seed Oil Safflower Oil Sea Buckthorn Oil Sesame Seed Oil Shea Nut Oil Soybean Oil St. Johns Wort Oil Sunflower Oil Tamanu Oil Vitamin E Oil Wheat Germ Oil
HELPFUL RELATED MOONDRAGON NUTRITION BASICS LINKS
MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics Index MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Amino Acids Index MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Antioxidants Index MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Enzymes Information MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Herbs Index MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Homeopathics Index MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Hydrosols Index MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Minerals Index MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Mineral Introduction MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Dietary & Cosmetic Supplements Index MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Dietary Supplements Introduction MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Specialty Supplements MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Vitamins Index MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Vitamins Introduction
NUTRITION BASICS ARTICLES
MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: 4 Basic Nutrients MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Avoid Foods That Contain Additives & Artificial Ingredients MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Is Aspartame A Safe Sugar Substitute? MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Guidelines For Selecting & Preparing Foods MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Foods That Destroy MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Foods That Heal MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: The Micronutrients: Vitamins & Minerals MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Avoid Overcooking Your Foods MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Phytochemicals MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Increase Your Consumption of Raw Produce MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Limit Your Use of Salt MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Use Proper Cooking Utensils MoonDragon's Nutrition Basics: Choosing The Best Water & Types of Water
RELATED MOONDRAGON HEALTH LINKS & INFORMATION
MoonDragon's Nutrition Information Index MoonDragon's Nutritional Therapy Index MoonDragon's Nutritional Analysis Index MoonDragon's Nutritional Diet Index MoonDragon's Nutritional Recipe Index MoonDragon's Nutrition Therapy: Preparing Produce for Juicing MoonDragon's Nutrition Information: Food Additives Index MoonDragon's Nutrition Information: Food Safety Links MoonDragon's Aromatherapy Index MoonDragon's Aromatherapy Articles MoonDragon's Aromatherapy For Back Pain MoonDragon's Aromatherapy For Labor & Birth MoonDragon's Aromatherapy Blending Chart MoonDragon's Aromatherapy Essential Oil Details MoonDragon's Aromatherapy Links MoonDragon's Aromatherapy For Miscarriage MoonDragon's Aromatherapy For Post Partum MoonDragon's Aromatherapy For Childbearing MoonDragon's Aromatherapy For Problems in Pregnancy & Birthing MoonDragon's Aromatherapy Chart of Essential Oils #1 MoonDragon's Aromatherapy Chart of Essential Oils #2 MoonDragon's Aromatherapy Tips MoonDragon's Aromatherapy Uses MoonDragon's Alternative Health Index MoonDragon's Alternative Health Information Overview MoonDragon's Alternative Health Therapy Index MoonDragon's Alternative Health: Touch & Movement Therapies Index MoonDragon's Alternative Health Therapy: Touch & Movement: Aromatherapy MoonDragon's Alternative Therapy: Touch & Movement - Massage Therapy MoonDragon's Alternative Health: Therapeutic Massage MoonDragon's Holistic Health Links Page 1 MoonDragon's Holistic Health Links Page 2 MoonDragon's Health & Wellness: Nutrition Basics Index MoonDragon's Health & Wellness: Therapy Index MoonDragon's Health & Wellness: Massage Therapy MoonDragon's Health & Wellness: Hydrotherapy MoonDragon's Health & Wellness: Pain Control Therapy MoonDragon's Health & Wellness: Relaxation Therapy MoonDragon's Health & Wellness: Steam Inhalation Therapy MoonDragon's Health & Wellness: Therapy - Herbal Oils Index
For a full list of available products from Mountain Rose Herbs, click on banner below:
MOONDRAGON'S REALM - WEBSITE DIRECTORY
A website map to help you find what you are looking for on MoonDragon.org's Website. Available pages have been listed under appropriate directory headings.